A couple of week's ago Havi gave you her Hanukkah Wish List! We decided this week would be another week of favorites, wishes, and presents!
Sunday - Our Favorite Things
Tuesday - Dental and Law Student's Wish List
Wednesday - Volunteer/Give Back This Season List
Thursday - Our Favorite Web Sites
Friday - Pittie Posse Secret Santa Reveal!
Yesterday, Aleks from Love and a Six-Foot Leash told us about how she spent her birthday bringing bully sticks to dogs in a local shelter. Last week, Josh from That Touch of Pit shared some Holiday Gifts that Give Back! Even Comeback Kid Baxter hosted a comment-athon in order to donate 200lb of kibble! Law Student once started a non-profit organization that links up young professional with service opportunities. So we know plenty of great ways to give back in NYC this time of year.
The Two Grad Students and Havi's Giving Back in NYC List
1. Give blood! Seriously, it doesn't hurt and it is not as scary as you think it is. If you sit for 12 minutes you get a cookie and safe a life. Not a bad deal. Check out NY Blood Center for a location near you.
2. Toys for Tots! Many locations, including Law Student's fathers Long Island Office and our own apartment building have drop off locations. A little short on funds? A coloring book and crayons from the dollar store will change a little kid's holiday.
3. Clean out your closet! There are definitely five items you do not wear anymore. I know three places that would wear it (1) Connie's Closet who works with children in foster care, (2) Goodwill who works with the unemployed and disadvantaged, and (3) Dress for Success who will provide professional attire to disadvantaged women.
4. God's Love We Deliver is an awesome foundation downtown where you can help package up food for men, women, and children living with serious illness.
5. Help your pup do something great and donate towels, blankets, food, or love to your local animal shelter!
How are you getting and giving?!
P.S. Thanks Life With Sophie for the Liebster Award!