welcome

welcome
welcome

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Feature: Book Review 24, 25

I have finished two more books toward my goal of 36 books in the year 2011.  Check out my GoodReads Widget on the right to become my friend on GoodReads and see other books I have read this year!


Everyman by Philip Roth (2 out of 5 stars)
I read this book with my amazing work book club. I enjoy Philip Roth, and I learned this book is similar to his life. It was the story of one man and how he lived. It was an ultra quick read (1 week, but I didn't even read some days). I like quick reads, but hated the one character that is developed so much that this book left almost no impression on me. The club realized that we did not know the name of the main character, when we researched, we learned that was on purpose. The point of the book was the character is the "Everyman.


Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult (3 out of 5 stars)
Not Jodi's best or worst. This is the story of a woman whose son is abused. I am not sure if any parents can read it. As always, Jodi does her homework. In his case, its a courtroom drama and a sexual harassment survey. I love her invariable twist at the end. Not sure I really understand the title.


What have you read lately?  I am reading Devil in the White City and cannot seem to get into it...

1 comment:

  1. I just finished a book that I really hated. The more I think about it the more I dislike it, ugh. I tried to read Devil in the White City awhile ago, and couldn't get into it either. Someone recommended it to me too so I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who didn't like it right away!

    ReplyDelete