welcome

welcome
welcome

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Movie Time!

If you read this blog, you know that Dental Student and I LOVE eating and movies!  We have seen quite a few this summer:

Friends With Benefits - Okay, Law Student HATES sappy love stories.  She also isn't a big J Timberlake fan.  But this movie is AWESOME!  Its the story of two friends that try to remain friends, but after getting involved romantically they realize its meant to be!  Totally corny, but Mila Kunis is awesome, the story line gets deep at times.  You laugh AND cry.

Harry Potter - Dental Student has seen every movie and read all the books.  Law Student is along for the ride.  He felt that they didn't give enough time to so many "important" things from the book.  But Law Student thought it made a nice story with cool special effects.  

Crazy, Stupid Love - Law Student saw this without Dental Student, and totally regrets it.  Best movie I've seen in a LONG time.  Two seemingly different story lines merge perfectly in this movie.  The casting was genius.  Its definitely  dark comedy, you cry, laugh, cringe, get angry.  There is no neat ending either.  But thats real life - and that's love.  And that's what makes this my favorite movie this summer.

Tonight we are seeing The Help, after reading it this summer in my 36 books in 2011 challenge!  Any other recommendations for us?!

12 comments:

  1. sounds like y'all have been busy!! we saw midnight in paris and actually liked it a lot. i am not normally a woody allen person, but i do love owen wilson, and i thought this movie was so quirky and charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously cannot remember the last time I saw a movie in the theater. BTW, your posts are not showing up in my dashboard for some reason. hm.

    http://maisieme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to the movies in a long time but I really want to get there since so many good movies are coming out! I really wanted to see the final Harry Potter in the theater but looks like that might not happen. The other 2 movies you mentioned were ones that I want to see too but guess I'll have to wait for DVD since the hubby most likely won't take me to see either. The last movie he and I saw together was Zodiac (obviously his pick) ... how romantic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked Friends with Benefits too. I thought it was going to be awful, but I really enjoyed it. And I finally saw the HP movie - I'm also 'more along for the ride' - and thought it was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We loved Friends with Benefits - maybe more because it's a pretty close story to how Daniel and I got together (well, without the flash mobs, high powered jobs, etc)....I can't wait to see Crazy Stupid Love - Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling and Steve Carrell??? YES PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We haven't done the movie thing in a while. Katy has enjoyed me listening to the last Harry Potter book so I could prepare for a double feature when the last two movies are out together on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I soooooo wanna see The Help!

    Just saw Horrible Bosses and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really want to see Crazy Stupid Love!
    -Corbin's mom, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Captain America, which isn't usually my type of movie. It was a perfect summer flick, with action and a really engaging plot.. plus super heroes. Who can turn down super heroes?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Havi!
    Wow, didn't they take you along?? What's a great date without you?
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crazy.Stupid.Love=AMAZING. I hadn't been to the movies in forever and it was well well worth the S10.25

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see like three movies/year in the theater and HP is always one of them. I liked the movie a lot, but wanted more from the big battle scene. I thought it would be more Lord of the Rings-epic in style, and wanted to see all the characters kick butt. I thought I would cry and had my Kleenex all ready, but managed to stay dry-eyed.

    ReplyDelete