welcome

welcome
welcome

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Book Review: #s 20-23

I have finished four more books toward my goal of 36 books in the year 2011.  According to my tracker, I am two books behind!  Check out my GoodReads Widget on the right to become my friend on GoodReads and see other books I have read this year!


#20 The Bridesmaid Guide By Kate Chynowyth (1 out of 5 stars)
I hated Girl With the Dragon Tattoo so much that I stopped and read this in one day. I have never been a bridesmaid before, and now Im a Maid of Honor. I thought this book would have some helpful hints and ideas. I was wrong! Its everything you can get from watching a movie. I wouldn't recommend!


#21 The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (3 out of 5 stars)
I don't even know how I feel about this book right now. I hated it, and it took me a full 1.5 weeks to get through the first 50%. I kept on reading because everyone said "I had to." Then the last 50% I loved and read in three days. It was a murder mystery and a financial mystery masterfully written. I got very caught up in the details, which I didnt realize were unnecessary until the end, which was annoying. But Im about to download the second book, so who knows! I will update you!


#22 The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson (5 out of 5 stars)
This was my favorite book in the series by far. I loved how he touched upon the previous book and used all sorts of history to come to a page-turning conclusion!


#23 The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson (5 out of 5 stars)
This was an interesting conclusion to the trilogy and all I can say is I want more! Brilliantly written. Cannot wait for the movie!

3 comments:

  1. I devoured Larsson's books practically without eating or sleeping. I was hooked from the first page to the last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard the same thing about the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I got through about 60pages and was just over it. I have yet to pick it up again but everyone tells me it gets better after the first 100 pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really to get back to reading again. I've been lazy and listening to podcasts instead... :/

    ReplyDelete